Sunday, October 16, 2011

Blog Post # 8

1. Richard Miller: This Is How We Dream Parts 1 and
After watching both of these videos, I would argue that I really did not get too much out of it. I understand that the way we write has changed throughout the years and that now we can do a whole lot more stuff from out living room couch sitting on the computer, but besides that I do not really know. I do admire this man for the accomplishments he has done and the status he has achieved over the years.
He also talks about the artist behind all the visuals used online. I liked the part about the whale hunt. I liked the pictures used even though they were a little graphic. He goes on to say that the things we can do with the computer are limitless, which I would agree with, however, I do not plan on spending very much of my time trying to stretch my boundaries with the internet.
I would argue that when I am in the class room, I will be able to find things that are natural and God created to bring into my lessons. Although I know the computer and internet will be a great deal of help, with my class I really do not plan on using the computer all that much. It just is not for me. However, I am sure that for some the use of the computer will be a great necessity.
2. Blog Post #12 by Carly Pugh
I would argue that Carly thought up a great assignment. I am sure that Dr. Strange would agree. I think this allows a student/teacher the opportunity to show their true colors and express their self. When she is talking about her assignment mentions "Creativity to the Rescue" and I think this is a quality point. Creativity is the key to learning and developing as a human.
I also really liked the video she has on her post. The music goes along very well with the scene and adds to the emotion in the video. The questions really make you think and want to be better. I would argue that she did an excellent job putting this post together.
In comparison to the Richard Miller, I would argue that Carly's was much more entertaining, however, the way she wanted to construct the lesson went about the same way as he did prior to hers. She saw a vision and made it a reality. I really liked what she had to show.
3. The Chipper Series, EDM310 for Dummies:
I really enjoyed watching these two videos. I like the first one done by chipper about procrastination. I believe I could do an idea similar to this. In edm310 for dummies I also liked the way the video was constructed. I think that I would try to do a project on excelling in your classroom.
4.Learn to Change, Change to Learn
I really do not think this video is saying anything new. Even though students are in a new age of technology I do not think the way we are teaching them needs to change. I believe that students can grow regardless.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that creativity is the key to learning! It is our job as teachers that the students are engaged in learning by using his/her own imaginations. By doing this, I believe it gives you the opportunity to create a fun, learning atmosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keith,

    I am glad you did not agree with every single thing put in front of you because that proves you are thinking critically. However, your post is a little short! I would have loved to learn more about your "project on excelling in your classroom." Try to be more thorough next time! Also, you need to be sure to add links to all the assignments for each blog. You are spot on when you say that creativity is the key. Keep working at it!

    ReplyDelete