Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Blog Post #12


My lesson plan.

Since I want to be a coach when I get a older, my project deals with my students making a team blog. This project is for students grades fourth through eighth. Students must make a blog that revolves around a specif sports team, one they love, or one they hope to play for some day. If a student has a problem with picking a sports team, they may also pick a television series they watch or any topic that I approve of prior to the assignment. This assignment will last a total of 17 weeks because most professional teams season last that long. I want the students to create a blog that they will update weekly according to their teams schedule. Students will need to write one post per week that includes an update on their team status and how their team is faring throughout the week at practice. They will also have to upload instructional videos, game films, and any other media that they deem necessary to uphold a quality blog. The different blog post will deal with the students opinions on the team and what ideas they have for improving their teams stats. They can also post the teams record and season. I want this blog to be similar to a fan page and include all the works of one. At the end of the season the students will have a complete blog that they can be proud of.

Here is my example of a good start:

Miami Dolphins Blog

2 comments:

  1. I really like your idea about letting your students create a blog for their favorite team. It sounds like it would be very fun and creative. I wanna be a student in your class. Thanks for the interesting blog and keep up the good work! We're almost done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Keith,

    This was not what was meant by create your own assignment. You were supposed to propose an assignment that students in EDM310 could do, preferably from something you discovered (i.e. a cool website, blog post, online tool, etc) while in this class. While your idea to create team blogs is interesting, it's still not quite what we were looking for.

    ReplyDelete