Sunday, July 15, 2012

Final Report on PLN

My final report on My Educator's PLN: The Personal Learning Network for Me.

My PLN started before I even was in this class. My family and friends were my main source of information and help through situations in life. The connections I have made up to this point will guide me on my teaching path. My Dad has been my main source of help and connections throughout the years of high school and now college. Through him I have met hundreds of people, some of which have opened my eyes to new ideas and views that I would have not considered if they had not brought them to my attention. Ideas like living situations, schools to attend, classes to take, and other decisions I have made. Now, I  can add  the use of the internet as a prime example of an addition to My PLN. On the internet I have made use of several different programs: Skype, Facebook, Twitter, Blogger, Wiki, and even a dating website called POF. Through each of these programs I have found ways to grow as an educator and gain knowledge and insight to the teaching world. Over skype I have had hours of talk time with my Cousin Mark who is a Principal in L.A California. He has talked to me about all the benefits of being an educator today and how their is a demand for male teachers in the schooling system. I am also surprised to say that I am now an avid Twitter user. Even though I am not following a thousand people, my 28 follows have really shone some light down on my and allowed me to reach out and gain information that I would have never understood if not for Twitter.My Blogger is easily my top resource for my access to the educational world. Through reading other teachers blogs, my own fellow students' blogs, and the creating of my own, I have learned countless amounts of tricks and broadened my skills with the computer. I now believe that I can incorporate the internet and technology into my future classroom because I am comfortable with how to use it. The last resource I mentioned is an online dating sight  called Plenty O' Fish. I joined this as a joke with my friend, but it has turned out to be quite useful. I put on my profile that I was a future educator looking for any insight into the teaching world. I have talked to a few different teachers about their own lives and hardships faced by them during their time in college and even in the post years of graduation. I am excited about having my very own PLN  filled with information that is not my own at all. I will continue to build my personal learning network even after this class is over. Thank you for setting me on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment