Thursday, July 19, 2012

Project #13

Using All Of Our Communication Resources.

     With the exception of Skype, I really did not know that a person could use the tools: Google Docs,  Facetime, and Google+ for educational or communication purposes. Even when I used Skype it was only too talk to a relative or friend that I hadn't seen in a while. Coming into this class, I quickly learned how to use these tools for my own educational benefits. We have used Google Docs every day to keep up with records and save and share files. We have watched several videos that show the use of Skype in the classroom. I have worked with Facetime and Google+, but have not yet been able to explore them thoroughly. With this class ending I am sure I will find plenty of time to give to that exploration.
     Dr. Strange split us into groups to work on a few of the projects this semester. I have never liked working in groups at the college level because everyone is busy with their own life and it is extremely hard for people to find common times in which they can work. However, with the use of Skype my team and I were able to talk to one another when one was out of town. Justin Parmer had to go on a Mission Trip to Baton Rouge during the final project week. Before this class, we would have a serious problem here, but since we learned how to communicate using devices like Skype and Google Docs we are able to handle it, no problem. We used Google Docs the most by saving all the groups individual efforts onto one document. We were able to share easily with others and record our progress. We also emailed each other constantly throughout the process of putting our Ibook together. Email helped us find time slots in which we could come together outside of class and get work done, we are also able to keep updated on what the other members were doing. Lastly, the screen recording we accomplished as a group was loads of fun. On our second smartboard project we were enjoying every second of our time together. We were using that camera for hours it seemed liked just so we could get it right. Using all these tools have really opened my eyes to how easy it is to communicate in our world today. I will never have a problem speaking my mind or letting people hear my opinion again. (Not that I ever really did in the first place :)  Thank you for this course.

Keith Tardibuono

No comments:

Post a Comment