Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Blog Post #4


Eagle's Nest Radio was a quality site I chose to visit. It was all about kids and their enthusiasm. They played great oldies throughout the video that really added to the background flow of events. I also enjoyed how each of the kids took this project so professionally, acting as if they were on the Channel 5 news. I saw a lot of computer animated voices or manipulation of the voices in the 2nd video I watched, I thought this was a very cool way to spice up a podcast. I thought it was clever how the represented Columbus days and all the different views different ethical groups had towards them.

Judy Scharf's Podcast Collection was also one that I enjoyed reading. When she says, "the term “podcast” is a cross between “broadcast” and “iPod.” A podcast is a “radio-style” talk show. It may include music as well." I got very excited because I am a huge fan of music. I completely believe that it can enhance and bring together.

The last one I viewed was Langwitches and I would argue that this really showed brilliance from the kids part. They were able to create their own read-along audiobooks and then present them as well. I could tell the kids were really into this because they wanted to make sure that it sounded perfect.
From these three blog spots, I have come to realize I can incorporate a variety of materials into my own podcast. This has also made me quite excited to get started and learn more about the computer I'm typing on now.

1 comment:

  1. What do you mean by "to the background flow of events"?

    "I saw a lot of computer animated voices or manipulation of the voices in the 2nd video I watched," You saw voices? Really? What are you trying ton say? This is a sentence and should end with a period not a comma.

    "I thought it was clever how the represented Columbus days and all the different views different ethical groups had towards them. How did they "represent" Columbus days. And note days is plural.Awkward sentence structure.

    "When she says, "the term “podcast” is a cross between “broadcast” and “iPod.” " This is not a complete sentence.

    "I completely believe that it can enhance and bring together. " Enhance what? Bring together what?

    Your writing is much too "casual" for an assignment of this type.

    ReplyDelete