Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Blog Post #6

1. The Net Worked Student




After viewing this video, I have learned that I am not at all ready to be a teacher of a networked student. However, this is why I am planning to teach younger kids of the elementary level. Hopefully I do not run into too many child prodigies that know more than I do about computers, although this very well may be the case. I plan on teaching my kids everything they need to know in class, with various hands on activties.

In order to achieve the status of being able to teach a networked student I would need a lot of work. I feel that I am very behind in the world of technology, however, I am definatley able to get by and hold my own. I would argue that if I absolutley had to teach a student that is of the network I would be able to do it without problems. I can pick up new stuff very easily and think of myself to be a quality teacher.

I am starting to understand why the web and techonolgy are becoming so important to the students in today's classroom. I like the fact that it opens up a whole world of communication, where you can reach across the globe and chat with someone like they were right there. But like I said before, I am not at all ready at this present time to teach a student of the network.

2.

A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment (or PLN)

I really liked the layout she had for her PLE. It is very colorful and animated. Unfortunatley for me, I do not yet have a physical PLN, however, I do have one in my mind that is very helpful to me on a day to day bases. My PLN involves early morning wake ups, eating as much food as I can, and filling my day up with way too much stuff to do. I suppose both of our PLN's are scheduled to fit our day to day activity.

2 comments:

  1. I know a lot of us are not quite ready for the Networked Student. This class will prepare us and give us the basic skills for that caliber of a student. Do you think the Networked Student will be all students in the next 15 to 20 years? My PLN sounds like your PLN. I love food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "definatley" spelling

    "...and think of myself to be a quality teacher." Even before you are a teacher! And then you say "But like I said before, I am not at all ready at this present time to teach a student of the network." Time to learn!

    "bases" basis

    "My PLN involves early morning wake ups, eating as much food as I can, and filling my day up with way too much stuff to do." Remarkable. How unique. But it will not do for the EDM310 assignment. So get started. You should have started several weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete