Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Blog Post #4




1st Graders and their read-a-longs.

I choose the first link to check out first because it seemed reasonable. The story was about 1st graders making their very own reading book. Already have been in a 1st grade class, I really did not have much faith in this suggestion, however, I was eager to give it a shot to prove me wrong. I must admit that it proved me wrong beyond a shadow of a doubt. I was impressed that kids this young could be forming their own creative books. I thought it was interesting how excited they got about re-writing their papers. I would argue that after hearing themselves speak over the recording really fell a need to do better.

Podcasting With 1st Grade

I enjoyed this read quite a bit. The main reason for this is because I used to read The Magical Treehouse like it was the best book ever, I will read it too my sons one day. However, the fact that they got to record their voices really surprised me, because much like the first one, the kids were excitied. They also were acting like they have been doing it since the age of 2.

Listening Comprehension

I thought this was a cool section. I agree with all of the emphasis on putting emotion into your podcast. On this page the students were learning from the story Purim. They decided to take that and make a podcast and then put it on the class blog for the parents to see. I enjoyed how the teacher made sure to record all of the sentences out of order so that the students could put them back in order by editing them. I also listened to the podcast and just by the voices I was able to tell how enthusiastic about the project they all were.

2 comments:

  1. Change the setting on the size of your pictures to Small. This one is too large and slows down the loading of your blog.

    "...because it seemed reasonable." What does this mean? How can a link "sound reasonable"?

    "Already have been in..." having not have.

    "however, I was eager..." However not however.

    " I would argue that after hearing themselves speak over the recording really fell a need to do better. " This sentence is very poorly written. Try again.

    " I will read it too my sons..." to not too

    Your paragraphs are very skimpy. Reread the instructions on Writing A Quality Post and follow those directions in the future. Also, proofread what you write.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say that I underestimated the first graders as well, but they really surprised me. They were so excited to learn about the podcasts which in turn made them more excited about reading. I only wish I could have had these options when I was their age. Reading was never my favorite subject, and I'm sure this would have made it more fun.
    I chose a different selection for the third piece, but it seems they all had the same ideas going. These podcasts are making learning more interesting and interactive for the students.

    ReplyDelete