Sunday, June 10, 2012

C4T Summary

Summary For Teachers 

     For my first week of class I was given Mr. Spencer to observe on the blog. I would argue that I lucked out with a pretty cool teacher who I feel may not always formulate with the rules. In his first post he talked about a disciplinary action that he had to take with one of his students. In this story, his methods are not actually all that disciplinary, he handles the situation with calmness and respect. A student was showing up late day after day for his class and would not tell the teacher why he was doing so. This situation could have caused a lot of commotion and problems, however, because the teacher did not make a big deal out of nothing, the problem was fixed and everyone got out alright.
     His second post was very poetical. I really enjoyed reading this one as well. It involved the use of the metaphor rust to symbolize change in the school system. I agree that schools need a little more something in them. I would argue that they are going the wrong direction in some aspects of learning. Students need more interaction with the teacher, they need more repetition. "Don't demolish it entirely... let it rust."




3 comments:

  1. Did you see Mr. Spencer's response to your comment?

    I cannot find the post you discuss first. What was the title?

    You need to provide links to the posts you discuss.

    You need to separate the two posts you discuss and use a header for each.

    You need to be less casual and "hip" in your writing style. This is a record of your intellectual experiences.

    Please email me a the link to the first post you were discussing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read the responses that Mr. Spencer left and I think we have a lot in common. The post for the first one is http://www.educationrethink.com/2012/06/classroom-leadership-from-compliant.html. I will make sure I act more professional in the rest of my writings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "... I was given Mr. Spencer to observe on the blog." A better way to write this: to read his blog, think about what he has to say, and then to leave a comment in reaction to his ideas or arguments.

    "... pretty cool teacher who I feel may not always formulate with the rules." whom not who; follow (or accept or adhere to). Formulate means "to create or devise methodically" and that is not what you mean to say!

    "In his first post..." It is not his first post. It is the first post of his that you were assigned to read. These are two different things.

    "he handles..." Capitalize he since it begins a sentence.

    "however, because the teacher..." Capitalize however since it begins a sentence.

    "...did not make a big deal out of nothing,..." This is very poorly written. In addition, bullying is not "nothing"!

    "... and everyone got out alright." Poorly written. This sounds like they escaped from a burning building rather than addressed the issue of bullying (and the consequent late arrival in class) directly and honestly.

    Carly can help you with your writing if you are willing to work on it.

    ReplyDelete