Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blog Post #8

This is how WE dream

After listening to Mr. Millers videos, it would be my opinion that he really shared a love for writing. He dreamed about books and then later in his life he wrote his own. I feel that this video needed a little more emotion expressed from Mr. Miller in an effort to really show the love he has for his career. I talked about how all books and writing tools are being updated to e-books and smart boards. He even says at one time that we need to get rid of all of the pencils and just move on. This may be taking it too far, pencils are great. Pencils have been around for so long. Who wants this elaborate customized e-mail card when you could get a handwritten in pencil with eraser marks and an individualized singnature. I would definitely prefer the latter.
When he talks about the uses of the internet in terms of books getting online I really started paying attention. He makes fun at the fact that his book in on Amazon for 59 cents. I am very grateful for this, selling books online gets me so much more money than any of the bookstores and I sold all my books in a day :). It really is a great move in technology, turning books to e-books. However, if you read my Thought 1 on my blog, I still stand by the statement. I believe with the books being online there is much knowledge to gain and an easier way to gain that knowledge.
"We need more Pedogogies" or Professional teachers. I would have to argue that with the rise of technology and need for teachers is decreasing, it is becoming easier and easier to become that professional teacher. We have the interent for all of our daily needs and questions. Youtube is one of the resources we use all the time. Without youtube.. we would live, however, it would not be fun for a lot of people. Myself, I would be alright. Thank you Mr. Millers for your videos and dreams.


Carly

I would argue that Carly did an excellent job on this video. The music, the pictures, and the flow all just fell nicely with one another. She takes Dr. Stranges lesson to a hight point. Her lesson sound very elaborate and well thought out. She wants us to create a playlist of videos that describe us, or simply just explain who we are. Any student would really love doing this project, I am going to try and start one as soon as I get a spare second. I believe Carly and Mr. Miller both have simliar views on the books and writing becoming electronic. They both want to use the technology to the fullest.

EDM is Different
Part 1
Part 2

I can appreciate both of these students videos. My favorite part in each of these videos for me was the beginning. Chipper's was funny because she came in sarcastic and with full emotion. On the EDM for Dummies I thought the acting was exquisite. The main the idea for the for the first video fit the EDM is Different genre. Chipper illustrated the ideas that Edm 310 was not a normal class students could just breeze by, they would have to work. This thought, I had to learn the hard way. The second video dealt more with the how of passing EDM 310. They went through the many apps and help sections to help complete this class. My idea for a video would consist of a much similar set up to the second one. Show a few scenes of kids freaking out over the class and then perhaps show a easier more relaxed kid doing their work on a timely schedule. Thanks to all the students that made these videos.

Learn to Change, Change to Learn

This video really down talks the way of the old school teaching methods. They feel that the lessons taught and the way in which they are taught are insufficient and sloppy. The video supports the new and advanced way of teaching that uses technology in the classroom and allows for easier access to information. We as a group need to learn how to change, and we can't be afraid to change in order to learn. With new advances all around us, we need to make sure we ready to master them. Let's stay ahead of the game.

The HUNT

I found a lot of interesting stuff on this web search, although, I still think I like the real scavenger hunt better. Looking with your fingers just isn't the same as going out and physically gathering information. However, I chose to use the website, Edmodo. This website is a mix between blogger, facebook, and twitter. On this website you can make friends, chat with other people, gain information, and put up your own thoughts for others to see. I could use this website as a professional in many of the same ways that we are using blogger today. It really is just another branch out to the rest of the world. EDMODO As for the tools, they all looked pretty useful. However, I liked the video ones the best. This Animoto was my favorite. It allowed a user to turn photos and videos into hollywood movies. The deal they give students and teachers is really great. I as an upcoming teacher really appreciate their consideration. The app I chose to use is called Prezi This was a really fun app that allowed me to make a presentation that was exciting to navigate and st stayed away from the basic slide to slide presentation. Check it out. My slide.

1 comment:

  1. Keith I thoroughly enjoyed readying your blogpost. The ways in which you used word choice made the blog more exciting to read!! I also explored the use of Edmodo and really liked it! You should explore it further! I also felt the same way about the video Learn to Change, Change to Learn. If we do not take advantage of technologies new and innovative techniques we are going to suffer as well as our future students. However, I do not think they should have downplayed the old ways of teaching as much as they did.

    ReplyDelete